The IET Innovation Awards recognise and celebrate the very best innovations in science, technology and engineering. Altran is proud to sponsor the Intelligent Systems category of these awards. The IET has revealed the shortlisted entries for each category of the Innovation Awards 2014.
This year's shortlisted entries in the Intelligent Systems category are as follows:
- Semi-Autonomous Motorcar project - Arrow Electronics, Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp., the Air Force Research Laboratory, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports and Falci Adaptive Motorsports
- Design for a bathroom product to reduce water wastage - Coflo Innovation Ltd
- Heathrow cross border arrival management (XMAN) - NATS
- The InSmart Artificial Pancreas - Renfrew Group and De Montfort University
- Dr Rho (medical telepresence robot) - VYS Laboratories Pvt Ltd and Vyas Labs
All of this year's winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on 19th November. Watch this space!
Altran is a leading global provider of high-tech engineering services. For over 30 years, we have been defined by our passion for innovation.
As a trusted partner of organisations throughout the rail, automotive, aerospace, defence, energy and telecoms sectors, we enable our clients to work smarter in developing, deploying and maintaining leading-edge systems and products.
In the UK, we have offices in Bath, Bristol, Derby, London, Slough and Warwick. Additionally, a significant number of our engineering consultants and project teams are located at our clients' sites. Globally, Altran has more than 24,000 'Innovation Makers' in more than 20 countries, and 500 major clients.